The Rangeley Region has an extensive hiking and mountain biking and snowmobiling trail network. Bald Mountain Camps is minutes away from Saddleback Mountain for excellent downhill skiing and the Rangeley Lakes Trails Center for Nordic skiing. The area is famous for its four season attractions. Rangeley boasts an 18-hole golf course, shops, outdoor festivals, a movie theater, sea plane rides, lake cruises and much, much more.
Fishing in this region is an angler’s delight. With over 100 lakes, ponds, rivers and streams, this is the sport that has thousands coming to Rangeley each year to catch trophy fish. Oquossoc’s newest museum, Rangeley Outdoor Sporting Heritage Museum, opens mid-August and features the history several of the most famous fishermen and women. This beautiful museum features an authentic 1890’s sporting camp reconstructed inside the museum’s Welcome Center. Learn about Ed Grant, Herbie Welch, Fly Rod Crosby, and of course, Carrie Stevens, the self-taught fly-tier that created the famous Gray Ghost fly.
The Rangeley area services include a regional medical center, a supermarket, hair styling salons, charter airplane services, laundry service, just to name a few. The Greater Rangeley area is truly a full service family, snowmobiling, skiing, and sport fishing resort area.
Local Area Links:
- Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Acadian Seaplanes LLC
- The Maine Sporting Camp Association
- Rangeley Outdoor Sporting Heritage Museum
- The Maine Professional Guides Association
- Rangeley Maine - Guide to Rangeley vacation planning, rangeley events calendar, rangeley news, and business directory
- Maine Travel Guide - Maine vacation lodging, recreation, shopping, and travel and wedding services
- Pet Friendly Travel Guide - US and Canadian pet friendly hotels, inns, campgrounds and vacation rentals
- Snowmobile Maine - Vacation Guide to Maine's Black Fly Loop snowmobile trail system.